Job Title: Type Training Instructor (Short and Long-term contracts)
Reports to: Director of Atlantic Aviation Institute.
Apply: Email your CV together with any supporting documentation to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Institute (AAI) is a leading EASA Part 147 Training Organisation based in Shannon, Ireland. We are currently seeking experienced Training Instructors to join our team. AAI is a business unit of Atlantic Aviation Group, a world renowned independent MRO with over 50 years of experience in aircraft maintenance. Having recently opened our new state-of-the-art training and education facility in Shannon we are now looking to add to our training team for short and long-term training contracts which will be delivered at the Institute and also internationally in 2018 and beyond. We are seeking highly motivated and ambitious individuals who have a passion for training and who are looking to work in a growing business which will support the key skill gaps across the aviation sector globally over the coming years.
- Be a Part 66 AML Type Rated licence holder (mandatory for practical trainer/assessor) OR have received aircraft type training on the appropriate aircraft type or category.
- Have at least two to three years’ experience of instructing or lecturing or have attained a suitable training or teaching qualification.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
The main areas of work will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide EASA Part 147 B1/B2 type rated training on the following aircraft. New aircraft type to be added in 2018 and beyond:
- B747 all series engines
- B767 all series including engine
- B737 Classic
- B737 N
- B757 all series engines
- B767 all series engines
- B777 all series engines
- Develop, prepare and deliver course material. When preparing/delivering course material, will insure that all relevant technical information contained in Airworthiness Directives, Aircraft Modifications, Service bulletins, Technical Notices etc, is included and current.
- Where there is a requirement to instruct on a new or different aircraft the instructor will attend an aircraft manufacturer’s course, an aircraft owner’s specific course or an approved PART 147 training organisations type course.
- Will be required to carry out Practical assessments/OJT and examinations on aircraft types, to comply with PART 66 and PART 147 requirements
- Update and maintain the Examination data base for type approved courses
- With the assistance of the training administrator ensure accurate recording of courses and training files
- Ensure all training programmes are delivered on time and to the desired level
- On receiving any new company type approval, it will be a requirement to attain licence and in-house approval as quickly as possible to facilitate OJT for other course/type holders
- Assist in application for and maintaining 147 Company approval
- Have attended or will attend a Train the Trainer course to FETAC Level 6
- Assist in ad hoc projects as required to support new training approvals
This position will require training to be delivered at external locations, therefore travel is a key requirement. Atlantic Aviation Institute is subject to continual change so a flexible attitude towards work and continuous improvement is essential.
COMPANY ATTITUDES & BEHAVIOURS
- Demonstrate behaviour in accordance with Atlantic Aviation Group Business Ethics and Protection policy in all Company business dealings and decisions
- Demonstrates and is passionate about delivering customer solutions. Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind and builds strong customer relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-driven, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working as part of a small team
- Proven ability to manage time & workloads for maximum efficiency
- Trustworthy & ethical, follows through in all areas; accepts and delivers on responsibilities and requires others to follow through on commitments
- Logical, systematic and methodical in working through a plan or problem. Provides solid research on which to base decisions and establishes process for workflow
- Generates new ideas and solutions from self and others. An ability and desire to go beyond the familiar
- Trust – We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do
- Committed to Excellence – We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond
- Ambitious – We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination
- Agile – We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better
- Fun – We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace
- Customer Centric – We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them
- People Focused – We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other
To apply, please forward your CV and supporting documentation to Caoimhe O Donnell, Director of Training and Business Development at the Atlantic Aviation Institute – firstname.lastname@example.org.